- Category: Other
- Hits: 615
STRIDE's copyright and its content including information, text, images, graphics, audio files, video files and their arrangement and materials are STRIDE belonging to them unless otherwise indicated. No part of this website may be altered, copied, distributed, transmitted, exhibited, displayed, published, licensed, transmitted, sold or dealt with for commercial purposes in any form without the prior written permission of STRIDE.
- Category: Other
- Hits: 1069
1. What is STRIDE?
STRIDE is a department under the Ministry of Defence. Working to provide technical support and scientific expertise to the Ministry of Defence.
2. What are services provided by STRIDE?
Technical services provided by STRIDE is as follows:
- Manage and conduct Research & Development (R&D).
- Assist in developing and validating defence procurement specifications.
- Technical assessment of defence procurement.
- Conduct operational research and advising in the development of defence capabilities.
- Perform failure analysis of components, materials and equipment.
- Testing, measurement and inspection laboratory and field.
- Technical consultation.
- Calibration and measurement precision.
3. Is another ministry or private company able to use STRIDE services?
Yes, all ministries/government departments can use STRIDE services. Private companies can also use STRIDE services but will be charged according to the rates set.
4. What are equipment specifications required to be confirmed by STRIDE?
All procurement specifications of the Ministry of Defence (except for ICT and medical items) should be confirmed by STRIDE before being submitted to the Procurement Division.
5. How does the procedure get the specification confirmation from STRIDE?
- Submit procurement specifications to Strategic Research, Innovation and Directions Unit, STRIDE.
- Specification Verification Meeting will be held later with the user.
6. How long will a specification verification process be obtained?
It usually takes eight (8) weeks to confirm one specification.
7. How long is the validity period of one specification?
The validity period of a specification varies according to the type of item as follows:
- Two (2) Years - All equipment/systems/materials related to:
- Electronic Test Equipment
- Electronic Communication
- Electronic Surveillance and Electronic Warfare
- Navigation and Electronic Simulation Systems
- Training Simulation System (not wholly electronic or mechanical hardware)
- Three (3) Years - All equipment/systems/materials related to:
- Small Arms and Ammunition
- Personal Protection Armour
- Weapons Platforms
- Personal Protection (excluding armour)
- Mechanical and Small Electro-Mechanical
- Five (5) Years - All equipment/systems/materials related to:
- Land Vehicle
- Aerospace Vehicle and Supporting Systems
- Maritime Vehicle and Supporting Systems
- Textiles and Clothing
- Food and Ration
- Personal and Consumer
- Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants
- General Chemicals
For more information, contact us at 603-8732 4400 to connect to the related officers.
- Category: Other
- Hits: 1018
The Government of Malaysia and STRIDE shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of any information obtained from this portal.
The probability that the content is different from the true meaning is inevitable. STRIDE is not responsible for any defective or malicious information that may occur from the translated content.
To get the right content, please refer to the Malay language view.
- Category: Other
- Hits: 686
Visitors may be required to submit personal information such as name and e-mail address for use of the services on this site. The service is like sending a message via e-mail, website feedback or idea/application suggestions. Any personal information submitted to this website will not be disclosed except as permitted by law.
There is no personal information you have stored while you are browsing the site except the information you decide to submit by publication order, e-mail delivery or email service subscription on this site. This website only shares your information with other government agencies if your question relates to the agency, or otherwise if required. This website does not collect information or create an individual profile for commercial marketing.
When you browse the site, we may automatically store the following log information such as the Internet protocol address you are browsing, the date and time, the name of the website where you created the link, the filename or the word you are looking for, the details you click on pages, and browsers as well as operating systems you use.
This log information is used to measure the number of visitors who visit this site and identify the performance or system issues. We also use this information to assist in developing pages, usage pattern analysis, and to make this page more useful. This website does not share or sell visitor data for advertising, marketing or any commercial purposes.
This site creates a cookie, which is collected by a web browser to allow it to recognize you for subsequent visits. These cookies do not store your data permanently and they are also not stored in your computer's hard drive. Cookies will be deleted as soon as you close your browser.
Links to Other Websites
The latest technologies including data encryption software used to protect data submitted and compliance with strict security standards are applicable to preventing unauthorized access.
- Visitor who wishes to use facilities such as feedback to this site update should register for security purposes to avoid any unexpected events.
- Visitors are solely responsible for any information provided to this site.
- Visitors should ensure that any file attached together (if any) is free of any bugs.
- Government websites and private agencies that require a link to this site must obtain approval from the Administrator of this site.
- Breaking in or attempting to hack this site is strictly prohibited.
In the event of any amendments to the policy, it will be updated on this page. Make sure you always browse the privacy and security policies section to make sure you always know what information is stored, how and when it's used.