- Cable Tensile Machine
Measure the strength of material (wire rope, steel cable,metal chain etc) up to 300 kN (30 tons).
- Ballistic Test of Personal Ballistic Protective Equipment which Refers to International Industrial Ballistic Standards
Test conducted to determine and verify the samples comply with international industrial ballistic standards and specifications. Samples such as:
- Bullet Proof Vest
- Ballistic Helmet
- Tactical Goggle/Spectacle
- Ballistic Effect Test on Various Consumer Products
Test conducted to determine the ballistic effects to consumer products such as:
- Bullet Proof Glass
- Bullet Proof Panel
- CNG Tank
- Fire Extinguishing Equipment
- Immersion Test for Ballistic Resistant Equipment
Test conducted to determine the physical strength of sample from cracks.
- V50 Ballistic Limit Test on Bullet Resistance Materials
Measuring ballistic protection performance based on the kinetic energy of bullets or fragments.
- Firing Accuracy Measurement (Shot Dispersions) Test
Tests conducted to measure and obtain the firing accuracy for bullet and gun.
- 2D Doppler Radar Equipment
Velocity measurement for all kind of projectile/bullet which fired from any calibre of gun, rockets and missiles.
- Meteorological Station Equipment
Meteorological data observation in outdoor firing range. Environmental data measured:
- Ambient Temperature
- Atmospheric Pressure
- Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Stab Resistant Test for Personal Body Armour Refers to National Institute of Justice Standard, NIJ 0115.00
Measurement of resistance strength of personal body armour against knife and spike stab threat up to Level 3.
- Ballistic Test Event Recording in Full Frame and High Definition Format
Recording service during ballistic test conducted using high resolution with full HD DSLR Camera.
- Facility Hiring Service Provided for 600m Covered Firing Range which Equipped with Target Monitoring System for Event Recording and 2D Doppler Radar for Projectile up to 12.7mm Velocity Measurement
Ballistic Section is accountable to the 600m Covered Firing Range in Weapons Technology Division at Batu Arang. The facility is available for hire with appropriate charge.
- Sound Level Test
This equipment is used to test the noise level during the firing test.
- Cyclic Chamber (Salt Spray Test ) – MIL STD 810G/Others
Salt spray test is an accelerated corrosion test that results in corrosive attack on coating samples to assess (mostly relative) coating conformity to samples/products.
- Sensitivity of Explosive due to Impact Test – MS 1990-2-4:2009
Testing or evaluating the sensitivity of explosives samples to the effects of weight impact. Evaluation is carried out based on the impact of Limiting Impact Energy (LIE).
- Thermogravimetric Analyser (TGA)
Thermal characterization of energetic materials by TGA.
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC)
Thermal characterization of energetic materials by DSC.
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
Qualitative analysis of energetic materials by FTIR.
- High Pressure Bomb Calorimeter
Determination of heat of combustion of energetic materials by high pressure bomb calorimeter.
- Karl Fischer Titrator
Determination of moisture content in energetic materials by volumetric Karl Fischer Titrator.
- Ultra-High Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC)
Chemical stability of nitrocellulose-based propellant based on stabiliser depletion by UHPLC.
- Gun Barrel Bore Gauge (EMEI Armament BA005)
Measuring inner diameter of gun barrel. Compatible with gun barrel with diameter of 35mm, 57mm, 90mm, 105mm and 155mm.
- Video Image Scoping
Remote real time visual examination of gun barrel bores either for the purpose of inspection, evaluation, investigation, research and development or quality assurance in tropical environment. The inspection involve in detection of surface defects such as pitting, scorings, wear, erosion and other typical defects.
- Fastec High Speed Motion Analysis (5,000fps)
Record slow motion video with speed up to 5,000fps.
- Photron High Speed Motion Analysis (250,000fps)
Record slow motion video with speed up to 250,000fps.
- Infra Red Temperature Thermo Graphic Test
Record and measure temperatures to analyze heat patterns in infrared wavelength spectrum within temperature range from -20°C to 1000°C.
- Precision Measurement Test
Precision dimensioning using the Coordinate measuring machine (3D CMM) equipment.
- Firing Test
To investigate weapon’s performance, stability, handling or its characteristics.
- Projectile Rocket Ordnance Design and Analysis System
Software for producing rocket or bullet model, measuring mass properties, calculating aerodynamics and stability for simulation of shot tests.
- Firearm Physical and Dimension Examination
Physical examination and measurement of dimensions on small arms as follows:
- Barrel length
- Guns height, width and length
- Weapon weight
- Trigger pull test
- Safety Storage Box and Strong Room
Provide facilities for storing small weapons.
For more detailed information, please contact:
Puan Faridah binti Amir Nordin
Telephone: 603-6035 2121